Betula or Silver Birch are graceful deciduous trees with light foliage and characteristic peeling bark. They bear triangular, double-teethed leaves which are pale green in colour turning to a beautiful golden yellow during the Autumn months. Birch trees thrive in full sun and require moist but well-drained soil. In a garden setting it is advised to add a high quality fertiliser when planting such as a tree and shrub compost. On average, in the right environment Birch trees can grow up to 25 metres in height.If planting trees staking is often needed, but it should be no higher than 60cm (2ft) above the ground. Tree Staking Advice.
Historically, Betula wood had many different uses and was often seen as a building material in Scottish houses. Today the timber is commonly used for creating racecourse jumps, the bark is used in the tanning process of leather and the tree sap is used medicinally as a cure for kidney stones. Traditionl folklaw says that Birch trees protect from evil spirits and symbolise love and fertility.
- Betula Utilis Jacquemontii Multi Stem18 Litre Pot 200/250cm£89.00
- Betula utilis Jacquemontii Multi Stem 25 Litre Pot 200/250£127.50
- Betula Alba Spider Alley 3/4 Standard 30 Litre Pot£130.00
- Betula Nigra Summer Cascade 35 Litre Pot Full Standard£191.75
- Betula Utilis Jacquemontii Multi Stem 35 Litre Pot 280/300cm£213.00
- Betula Alba Spider Alley Full Standard 35 Litre Pot£223.50
- Betula Utilis Multi Stem 50 Litre Pot 3 - 3.5 Metre£245.00Ours our true multi-stemmed trees and not 3 small trees in one pot, which ultimately results in one or two of them dying from competition. These are specimen trees already above 3 metres. They look great on their own but fabulous if you have room for a small grove of them. Learn More