Magnolias are deciduous or evergreen shrubs, majestic shrubs that are adored by all gardeners. They are grown for their showy, erect flowers which come in a wide range of colours from white to purple. Leaves are borne after the flowers and are ovate and alternate. Magnolias also bear cone-like, red seeds which are very attractive in autumn.
Where to Site Your Magnolia
Magnolia’s are perfect for flowers borders, feature shrubs and even being planted in pots. Ideally in plenty of space as they will fill the gap over time
How to Grow and Look after your Magnolia
To get the best growth and flowers then plant in full sun in fertile moist soil. A sheltered site is best for Magnolia Grandiflora.
Pruning should only be done mid-summer and early autumn otherwise they bleed. Only prune any damaged and weak branches, and renovation pruning should be done over a couple of years.
Once planted in the ground they do not like to be transplanted especially if the girth is over 4”
- Magnolia loeb. Leonard Messel 25 Litre Pot 150/175cm£117.00
- Magnolia G. Goliath Half Standard 18 Litre Pot 100/120 Stem£120.00
- Magnolia Grandiflora Gallisoniensis Full Std 6/8cm G£165.00
- Magnolia Grandiflora Gallisoniensis 80 Litre Pot 175/200cm£255.00
- Magnolia Grandiflora Cone 3 - 3.5 Metre Huge Specimen£750.00