Jasminum - jasmine - Are evergreen or deciduous woody climbers, With a beautiful star shape fragrant flower.
We have the deciduous varieties which are called Jasminum, and the evergreen variety which is known as Trachelospermum.
Both have very similar characteristics and both deserve a spot in the garden!
Where to Site Your Jasmine
Beautiful to grow up a wall or a fence, especially use it around seating areas.
How to Grow and Look after your Jasmine
Summer Jasmine require full sun and planting in spring or Autumn and need to be pruned just after it has flowered in late summer or early autumn.
Winter Jasmine are good with shade and should be planted autumn to winter and need to be pruned in spring immediately after flowering.
Trachelospermum (evergreen jasmine) prefers a warm, sunny sheltered spot. Requires little maintenance, any pruning can be done in spring and is a self-cling variety, although young growth may need a little help.
Jasmines will also make brilliant container grown specimens, but make sure that you use a good quality compost and feed at least once a month with a high potassium feed.
However, if your Jasmines are planted in your border you should use grow more once a month, Jasmine need watering freely during the spring and summer when the plants are growing, less in the winter.
Jasmines are a very easy plant to grow and very hardly so if your new to gardening or just want an easy pretty plant to grow give it a go.
- Trachelospermum J. Wall Frame 5 Litre Pot 80x40£36.25
- Trachelospermum Jasminoides 9 Litre Pot 3 Canes 120cm£39.15
- Trachelospermum Jasminoides 9 Litre Pot 200-225cm£42.85
- Trachelospermum Jasminoides 3 Litre Pot 125/150 x 5 Plants£81.25
- Trachelospermum J. Wall Frame 150cm x 50cm 15 Litre Pot£87.00
- Trachelospermum Jas. Wall Frame 150cm x 90cm 25 Litre Pot£128.50
- Trachelospermum Jasminoides 5 Litre Pot 175-200cm x 5 Plants£142.00