The Rhododendron Hybrid's are the traditional variety that will grow large eventually and needs to be in acidic soil. They are evergreen shrubs that have dense colourful funnel shaped, sometimes fragrant flowers, that last throughout late spring early summer. They thrive in acidic soil and full shade (but also dapple shade).
Rhododendron Inkarho are a newer variety to the rhododendron family. These particular rhododendrons are a breed with special features. The Federal Centre for Breeding Research on cultivated plants in Ahrensburg developed rootstocks, which means rhododendrons can be grafted on to these rootstocks. This makes them extraordinarily lime-tolerant and develop a particularly robust root system. All reliable and popular Rhododendron sorts are grafted on them. They can be dwarf or large growing depending on the variety. With the much loved dense colourful funnel shaped, fragrant flowers, that last throughout late spring early summer.
Rhododendron Yakushimanum is the ideal plant for smaller gardens as it is a dwarf growing variety.
How to plant rhododendrons
Choose the spot where you can enjoy the rhododendron. Dig the hole twice as big as the pot, but no deeper than it. Add any compost if you need to. Once that is done pop your rhododendron in the hole - the key thing to rhododendrons is they don't like to be planted to deep as they are surface rooting and don't like to be drowned by compost. Also don't pile on the mulch as the lower branches don't want to be covered over. Once in the hole, back fill with soil and firm down. In the dry spells remember to water untill they are well established in the ground.
- Rhododendron Hybrid Flore Pleno 5 Litre Pot£16.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Etoile de Sleidinge 5 Litre Pot£16.00
- Rhododendron Yakushimanum Annika 5 Litre Pot£16.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Catawbiense Boursault 5 Litre Pot£16.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Maxie Rose 5 Litre Pot£16.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Virginia Richards 5 Litre Pot£16.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Tillo Devroe 5 Litre Pot£16.00Evergreen compact shrub, glossy,dark green leaves. Large trusses of funnel-bell shaped bright pink flowers borne late spring to early summer.Prefers dapple shade and acid-peaty soil.Always plant shallow and mulch with peat or leaf mould annually. Height 5 ft. Learn More
- Rhododendron Hybrid Wine and Roses 3 Litre Pot£18.30
- Rhododendron Hybrid Catawbiense Boursault 10 Litre Pot£33.50
- Rhododendron Hybrid Cat. Grandiflorum 10 Litre Pot£33.50Evergreen large shrub bearing glossy,dark green leaves. Large trusses of pink/ purple flowers with yellow blotches are freely borne during late spring to early summer. Likes full sun or partial shade and acidic conditions. Remove faded flowers. Height 2 - 3 m Learn More
- Rhododendron Hybrid Cunninghams White 10 Litre Pot£33.50
- Rhododendron Hybrid Germania 15 Litre Pot 70 plus wide£76.40
- Rhododendron Hybrid Cunninghams White 15 Litre Pot 80+ wide£80.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Roseum Elegans 15 Litre Pot 80+ cm wide£80.00
- Rhododendron Hybrid Roseum Elegans 15 Litre Pot 90+ cm wide£92.50
- Rhododendron Hybrid Roseum Elegans 25 Litre Pot 100+ cm wide£125.95