Thuja or Western Red Cedar / White Cedar
For an evergreen conifer hedge or large screen there is nothing better. Thuja stand clipping very well and un-like leylandii can recover if you get a little ambitious with the cutter. When you brush the bright green foliage, the scales release an enjoyable scent of spice. The bright green new growth turns darker with age and bronzes in winter.
Thuja will grow about 45-60cm each year.
Thuja Occidentalis grows a little slower and makes a standalone conifer as well as a neat formal hedge
Where to Site Your Thuja
Fantastic hedge, many sizes and options available to sort all needs.
How to Grow and Look after your Thuja
They thrive well in shade as well as sun.
Thuja hedging trim them once or twice a year with a hedge cutter or shears
They don't want to stand in water other than that they will grow anywhere and all soils. Virtually trouble free.
Feeding Thujas Give them plenty of organic fertiliser in early spring to keep them looking lush.
- Thuja plicata Atrovirens 2.5 Litre Pot 70/80cmSpecial Price £5.30 Regular Price £6.30
- Thuja Occidentalis Emerald 80/100cm Pre Order for June£16.95
- Thuja Plicata Martin 20 Litre Pot 100/120 Pre Order For June£19.50
- Thuja Plicata Martin 35 Litre Pot 150-175 cm Pre Order For June£36.50
- Thuja plicata Atrovirens 35 Litre Pot 150/175 Pre Order For June£37.50
- Thuja plicata Gelderland 45 Litre Pot 180/200cm Pre Order For June£40.95
- Thuja Emerald 45 Litre Pot 160/180cm Pre Order For June£45.00
- Thuja Emerald 55 Litre Pot 180-200cm Order For June£54.00
- Thuja Brabant 210/230cm Extra Fat 55 Litre Pot Ready June£64.50