Thuja or Western Red Cedar / White Cedar
For an evergreen conifer hedge or large screen there is nothing better. Thuja stand clipping very well and un-like leylandii can recover if you get a little ambitious with the cutter. When you brush the bright green foliage, the scales release an enjoyable scent of spice. The bright green new growth turns darker with age and bronzes in winter.
Thuja will grow about 45-60cm each year.
Thuja Occidentalis grows a little slower and makes a standalone conifer as well as a neat formal hedge
Where to Site Your Thuja
Fantastic hedge, many sizes and options available to sort all needs.
How to Grow and Look after your Thuja
They thrive well in shade as well as sun.
Thuja hedging trim them once or twice a year with a hedge cutter or shears
They don't want to stand in water other than that they will grow anywhere and all soils. Virtually trouble free.
Feeding Thujas Give them plenty of organic fertiliser in early spring to keep them looking lush.
- Thuja Occidentalis Emerald Root Ball 80/100cm Digging Now£14.00
- Thuja Plicata Martin Root Ball 100/120 Digging Now£17.00
- Thuja Plicata Martin Root Ball 150-175 cm Digging Now£30.00
- Thuja plicata Atrovirens Root Ball 150/175 Digging Now£33.50
- Thuja Plicata Excelsior 180/200cm£33.95Thuja Plicata Excelsa - plant at 1 to the metre, 2 for an instant hedge. This is only a guideline, you can plant them further apart if you wish. This plant looks just as great as any other Thuja but this variety is slightly more compact in height and spread meaning they create an extremely dense hedge, perfect for blocking out nosy neighbours! Learn More
- Thuja plicata Gelderland Root Ball 180/200cm Digging Now£40.95
- Thuja Plicata Martin Root Ball 175-200 cm Digging Now£41.00
- Thuja Emerald Root Ball 160/180cm Digging Now£41.25
- Thuja Brabant 210/230cm Extra Fat Root balled Plants£64.50